Center for Allied Health and Athletics
Proposed facilities - mouse over to see current facilities
- Space needs: The current space at Shore Health System's Memorial Hospital at Easton is undersized, which has limited access to high-demand programs and the expansion of programs in health care fields that will meet the needs of a growing, older population.
- Effective use of resources: Centralizing all the allied health programs on the college's main campus is the most effective and efficient use of faculty, staff, equipment, instructional laboratories, instructional equipment, and other college resources.
- Job Training: The majority of the nurses, radiological and surgical technicians, phlebotomists and other health care professionals in our community are prepared by Chesapeake College. This project will allow the college to add new career programs for local citizens.
- Shore Health System's relocation: SHS is finalizing construction plans for a new hospital in 2015, making this project a critical need.
- Deficiencies in aging athletic facilities: The Physical Education/Gymnasium section of the building is 41 years old and the building's systems are inefficient, a drain on energy resources, and prone to failure.
- Leveraging of state funds: The state pays 75 percent of capital project costs and the five support counties split the other 25 percent, which can be bonded and paid over time.
|College Share||County Share||State Share||Total Cost|