Institutional Planning, Research and Assessment (IPRA) Office
Program Level Assessment
Chesapeake College's Academic Program Review Goals
Chesapeake College's Academic Program Review process was reviewed, modified and approved by the Academic Program and Curricula Committee (APC) in spring 2009. Academic Program Review process is designed to provide program faculty the opportunity to:
- Perform an internal evaluation of the current program and services offered.
- Assess program and student learning outcomes.
- Ensure course content and methodology are meeting the needs of both the students and the community.
- Ensure course content and methodology are prepared to meet the future needs of the students and the community.
- Measure alignment of the program with the college mission.
Academic Program Review is not:
- A method by which to rank/compare programs
- A process resulting in punitive actions toward faculty/staff
The following information presented is intended to provide faculty with tools, information and an institutional process for making, monitoring and assessing program modifications and improvements.
Program Level Assessment Documents
|ACADEMIC PROGRAM REVIEW CYCLE 2013-2018.pdf||ACADEMIC PROGRAM REVIEW CYCLE 2013-2018|
|Academic Program Review Feedback Form.docx||Use to give feedback to Academic Program Review||Word|
|Academic Program Review Template.docx||Report Template for Academic Program Review||Word|
|Gen Ed Program Overview.pdf||Vision, Mission, Goals, & Student Learning Outcomes|
To download a document, RIGHT click and choose SAVE AS, then select where you want to save it. Please note - If you're using Firefox, you'll only have an option to save it, and by default it will go to your DOWNLOADS folder.
If there is inaccurate information on this page, please send corrections or comments to Kimberly Miller