In This Building...
- Rooms prefixed H-
- Cadby Theatre and Lobby
- Faculty Offices
About This Building...
Chesapeake College serves the educational needs of Kent, Queen Anne's, Talbot, Caroline and Dorchester Counties. Our five orginal buildings are each named after one of our service counties. The Humanities Building on the Chesapeake College Campus is named after Kent County.
Kent County is named after the English sire of the same name. Most of the early settlers were from that area in England. The county was established in 1642. Kent County reminded these early settlers of their home back in England. They found forests, beautiful rivers and plenty of fish and waterfowl. Most of the early settlers were farmers growing corn and tobacco. The number of inhabitants at this time was 135 persons.
The Kent/Humanities Building was originally built in 1969, and was completely renovated in 2010. It houses more classrooms than any other buidling on campus, as well as office space. It also houses the intimate Cadby theater, named after Mrs. Louise Cadby who taught as the College's first drama instructor from 1968 - 1985. The Cadby has seating for 100 and state-of-the-art lighting, sound, and audio/visual equipment.