Veterans' Checklist for Enrollment
- Complete an Admissions Application - see the Information Desk in the Dorchester Building or use the PDF.
- Placement Testing - check out the Testing Center website for Testing Hours.
All new students must take placement tests before meeting with an advisor and registering for classes. These tests assist advisors with placing students in applicable developmental classes if needed.
- Meet with an Advisor - Veterans should make an appointment with Guido DeLuca for advising and completing a registration form. Contact Mr. DeLuca at 410-827-5804 for an appointment.
- Complete a VONAPP on the VA's website (if new VA student) or complete a VA Form 22-1995 (if benefits have been used at another school) (Spouse/Children may have to file additional forms with the VA, check the VA website for Chapter-specific information)
- Submit the following to the Veterans School Certifying Official in the Registration Office:
- A copy of the completed VONAPP
- A Certificate of Eligibility received from the VA
- A Chesapeake College VA Enrollment Certification Request Form (can be found online or in the Registration Office).
- All VA students must submit an official copy of military transcripts and transcripts from prior educational institutions. Transcripts will be evaluated according to American Council of Education (ACE) guidelines.
To obtain copies of your military transcripts, you may use the following links:
To obtain copies of transcripts from other colleges you should either visit that college’s website or contact the Office Records and Registration at that college.
- Apply for Federal financial aid at www.fafsa.gov (School code 004650) - this is required by Chesapeake College if you are a VRAP student and cannot pay your bill in full at the time of enrollment.
- Register for classes - the VA will only cover the classes listed in your academic program (AER). See the VA Certifying Official if you have any questions.
- Notify the VA Certifying Official of any changes to your program or your class schedule.
A PDF version of this checklist is available
For questions, please contact the VA School Certifying Official at 410-822-5400 x2248.