Education - Associate of Arts Degree
Teachers are a valuable part of society. Our degree programs include a variety of options from early childhood education to elementary, secondary, and beyond. If you are seeking credentials for immediate entry into the workforce, wanting to come onto the field as a teacher's aide, or wishing to pursue a four year degree leading to a teaching certificate in the state of Maryland then Chesapeake College offers courses that meet the needs of future caregivers and instructors.
Abundant Career Opportunities
With an Associate of Arts degree in Education you will be able to enter an enriching, and highly rewarding field. You will also be able to continue your education at a four year college or institution to further your career opportunities.
- Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)
- Teacher's Aide
- Special Education
- Teacher Education
- Secondary Education (Elementary to High School)
- College Professor (if continuing on to a four year college or university)
- Childcare Worker
- Education A.A. Degree
Education A.A. Degree
The field of Education is always in need of caring individuals with a passion to teach the youth of our nation. Our comprehensive courses give you the skills and knowledge necessary for immediate employment into one of the most rewarding careers. Features of the course include:
- 60 credits required for the degree
- Multiple fields of study from pre-k to higher
- Unique focus on special needs
- Classes taught by licensed professionals in each field
- Field trips to local schools
- Hands on experience through childcare classes
Objectives of the Program
- Gain a working knowledge of state laws and curriculums, including IEP's
- Become experienced with different age groups
- Comprehensive understanding of diverse needs
- Proper care for non-typically developing individuals
- Ability to create working educational lesson plans
- Learn how to lead a classroom, and work with students individually
- Understand how to create a productive classroom environment
- Focus on integrity, and overcoming obstacles many teachers face
- Complete Praxis for job opportunities in Maryland
- Preparation for immediate employment
- Transfer ability to continue your education and receive your Bachelor's Degree
If you are in any way interested in becoming a teacher, then don't miss out on the opportunity to get your education started off right. Chesapeake College's Education courses have led countless students to earn their Teaching Certificates in Maryland, and the Mid-Atlantic. Through professionally led courses that focus on creating quality educators capable of enriching the minds of new generations, you can begin your career with confidence in your capabilities. From general education to special needs, our graduates go on to make a positive impact in the lives of their students. Join one of the most valuable and important professions in America, and start working towards your certification today!
Students with an interest to continue their education after receiving their A.A. should consult our faculty to plan a program that is transferrable to a four year college or university.
For questions about the degree program, please contact Student Services.