Former Chesapeake Students
I have attended Chesapeake College before and have been away for more than one year.
Chesapeake College welcomes back students who wish to return to the College after stopping out. As long as you left the College in good academic, financial and disciplinary standing, the readmission process is simple.
Print this page and check off each item as you complete it.
- Students who have been away from the College for more than three semesters need to reapply. Submit your college application to the Office of Admissions.
- If you originally had your transcripts (high school, college(s) or GED) sent to the Office of Admissions more than five years ago you should resend them.
- Request that your prior college(s) send an official copy of your transcript to the Admissions Office, if applicable.
- If you took the Academic Skills Assessment test within the past two years you do not have to take it again. If you took the test more than two years ago, you must take the Academic Skills Assessment Test. This test is free of charge the first time you take it. Contact the Testing Center at ext. 2344 or the Student Success Office at ext. 2240 or 2250 for information regarding hours, test exemption policies, and testing procedures.
- Apply for financial aid. It is recommended that all domestic students apply for financial aid. All students applying for aid must do so every year. For the fall semester, files must be completed by May 1. For the spring semester, files must be completed by December 1. Do not wait for the priority date! Apply as early as possible at www.fafsa.gov indicating Chesapeake College's financial aid code 004650. For the fall and spring semesters, students are encouraged to file the FAFSA as soon as January 1.
One of our admissions counselors would be happy to assist you with the admissions process. If you would like to speak to a counselor or arrange an appointment, please call 410-822-5400, ext. 2257 or e-mail us at email@example.com.