I am currently attending another college/university and want to transfer to Chesapeake College.
Transfer Student Checklist
Chesapeake College welcomes students that began their post-secondary education at another institution and now wish to transfer to Chesapeake College.
Please follow the steps below to insure you enroll completely as a transfer student.
Print this page and check off each item as you complete it.
- Submit your college application to the Office of Admissions.
- Request that your high school send an official copy of your high school transcript (including SAT scores if applicable) or GED scores to the Admissions Office. Even as a transfer student for financial aid or possible scholarship consideration it is important we receive your final high school transcript.
- Request that your prior college(s) send an official copy of your transcript to the Admissions Office. Once we receive the transcript it will be evaluated for possible transfer of credits. Transfer students who have successfully completed credit level English and mathematics and other courses with a grade of C or better may be exempt from our ACCUPLACER test.
- Many transfer students will be exempt from the ACCUPLACER test. However, if you have not completed credit level English and mathematic courses with a grade of C or better you may be required to take the ACCUPLACER test.
- Apply for financial aid. It is recommended that all domestic students apply for financial aid. All students applying for aid must do so every year. For the fall semester, files must be completed by May 1. For the spring semester, files must be completed by December 1. Do not wait for the priority date! Apply as early as possible at www.fafsa.gov indicating Chesapeake College's financial aid code 004650. For the fall and spring semesters, students are encouraged to file the FAFSA as soon as January 1.
One of our admissions counselors would be happy to assist you with the admissions process. If you would like to speak to a counselor or arrange an appointment, please call 410-822-5400, ext. 2257 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.