Program: Hotel/Restaurant Management
Contact: Mr. Bob Faiella
Award: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Credits Required: 61
The Chesapeake College Hotel and Restaurant Management Degree provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level or mid-management positions in the hospitality industry. Through the use of elective courses, students may concentrate in the areas of food service/restaurant management or hotel/resort management.
PROGRAM GOALS: The Hotel/Restaurant Management Degree will:
· Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the college’s general education competencies.
· Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
· Provide students with basic knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry including hotel, restaurant, and tourism.
· Provide students with a general understanding of business, marketing, and human resource skills.
· Prepare students for successful careers the hospitality industry or for further study in the field.
The Hotel/Restaurant Management Degree program includes instruction in many areas required for competence in the hotel, restaurant, and tourism industry. The curriculum includes technical courses in food service and hotel/restaurant management; related courses in marketing, accounting, and human resources; and general education requirements. Instruction will include both theoretical concerns and practical application procedures necessary for success in the field. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
(G. Ed.) General Education Program Requirement
Please note: This information is for planning purposes only. The list of courses may not be complete. Please contact an advisor to be sure that courses are applicable to your desired course of study.