Program: Computer Information Systems
Option: Microcomputer Applications Specialist Option
Contact: Ms Diana Hill
Award: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Credits Required: 60
The Chesapeake College Microcomputer Applications Specialist Degree option provides students with concepts and skills in the installation and use of software for microcomputers in a business or technical environment. This option prepares students to function as PC applications specialists.
PROGRAM GOALS: The Microcomputer Applications Specialist Degree program will:
· Facilitate proficiency in content knowledge and skills for the college’s general education competencies.
· Promote technical competency, professional knowledge and ethical responsibility.
· Integrate knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to a PC applications support/training environment.
· Provide knowledge of applications packages and troubleshooting skills.
· Prepare students for successful careers in microcomputer applications or for further study in the field.
The Microcomputer Applications Degree introduces students to a sequence of commonly used applications, focusing on concepts and principles in addition to extensive hands-on experience. Business and communications courses will lay the groundwork for employment in a business or technical environment. Successful completion of this program will enable students to function as PC applications specialists to solve problems in a business or other computing environment, provide training in the use of PC applications, and provide software technical support. Students should consult with the College’s Admissions Office or an academic advisor in planning an appropriate program.
(G. Ed.) General Education Program Requirement
Please note: This information is for planning purposes only. The list of courses may not be complete. Please contact an advisor to be sure that courses are applicable to your desired course of study.