Adjunct Faculty Advisory Committee
(Source: The Chesapeake College Faculty/Staff Manual, FY 07, 8.1.2, Section K.)
The purpose of the Adjunct Faculty Advisory Committee is to enhance communication between the full-time faculty and adjunct faculty and to facilitate the teaching experience of adjunct faculty at Chesapeake College.
- Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain the Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance adjunct faculty performance in the classroom.
- Develop procedures to provide for faculty access to supplies and equipment needed by adjunct faculty.
- To identify and advocate opportunities for faculty development for adjunct faculty.
- Survey adjunct faculty to determine the areas of strengths and weaknesses of the services provided to them.
- Develop solutions to problems reported to the committee or identified through the survey process.
- Encourage participation in faculty governance and contact with full time faculty.
- Provide support to the Adjunct Faculty Liaison.
- The Adjunct Faculty Advisory Committee will consist of at least three full-time faculty and two adjunct faculty members, one from each division. The Adjunct Faculty Liaison will act as an ex-officio member of the committee.