Fitness Center Overview
The Fitness Center is designed to allow users to obtain total physical fitness. The weight-training facilities, featuring Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment, are based on an isotonic theme (free weights/dumbbells and stations with weight stacks ). Isolated lower body exercises/machines range from squat racks/ leg press to leg extension, leg curls, abduction/adduction and calf extension. Upper body exercises/machines include bench press, set of dumbbells, lat pull, lat row, smith machine, triceps extension and curls. Two Life Fitness multi-purpose units provide full body exercises while at one station.
Cardio/respiratory equipment includes three tread mills, three elliptical trainers, two stationary bikes and a stepper, all made by Life Fitness.
Hours of Operation
|Monday through Thursday||6 a.m. – 6 p.m.*|
|Fridays||6 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
*Except Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., when PED 148 meets in the Fitness Center.
Note: The Fitness Center is also closed on any weekday on which the College is closed.
Key Contact Information
|Athletic Director - Frank Szymanksi||(410) 827-5828|
|Athletic Assistant - Becky Fauver||(410) 822-5400, ext. 259|
|Dr. Ed Baker (Fitness Center Orientations)||(410) 822-5400, ext. 362|
|Dr. Carol Wilson-Robbins (Fitness Center Orientations)||(410) 822-5400, ext. 363|
|Chesapeake College Security||(410) 758-7275|
The Fitness Center is located in the Physical Education Building on the same hall as the office of the Athletics Director.
Eligible individuals must first schedule a Fitness Center Orientation through either Dr. Ed Baker (ext. 362) or Dr. Carol Wilson-Robbins (ext. 363), who will then issue a Fitness Center Card to each person completing the orientation.
Failure to abide by Fitness Center rules could result in loss of Fitness Center privileges.
- Each Fitness Center patron must be either a current Chesapeake College credit student, current Continuing Education student enrolled in FTW 148, or a Chesapeake College faculty or staff member.
- All eligible individuals who intend to use the Fitness Center must complete a Fitness Center Orientation through Dr. Baker or Dr. Wilson-Robbins.
- All patrons must carry either a current Fitness Center card and photo I.D., or a current Student I.D. with a Fitness Center sticker in order to use the facilities.
- All patrons must sign in each time they use the Fitness Center.
- Tobacco, in any form, is prohibited.
- Swearing, grunting, loud noises, abusive language, inappropriate behavior, and vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Patrons using the Fitness Center must be prepared to vacate at closing time.
- No food or beverages (except water) are permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Shirts with offensive wording are prohibited.
- Shoes must be clean and dry.
- Allow others to "work-in" or take turns on the weight-training equipment.
- Do not monopolize several pieces of weight-training equipment while others are waiting.
- Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Ease the weights into position on the machines; do not allow them to slam down.
- Return and rack the weights when finished.
If there is inaccurate information on this page,
please send correction or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org