You’ve learned from life. Now get credit for it.
NEDP assists adults with life experiences gained through working and raising a family towards earning a high school diploma. The program is computer based and uses real-life situations to verify your skills in problem solving, critical thinking, speaking, writing, and computation.
All work is done in a non-teaching, one-to-one setting, as well as at home. Flexible weekly appointments are made with an advisor to obtain, review and demonstrate mastery of the 70 competencies measured by this nationally certified program.
You can earn your diploma using skills you have learned in life in addition to using your book knowledge.
Examples of the skills you will demonstrate include:
- reading a map
- writing a letter to a potential employer
- calculating loan or savings interest
- practicing comparison shopping
- showing you have trade, occupational, or home management skills
- composing a resume
For a full list of the NEDP Competencies Click Here.
It takes approximately 6-12 months to complete the NEDP for most learners.
Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a Maryland State High School Diploma.
- 18 years of age or older
- Not a high school graduate
- Not currently enrolled in a high school.
- High School level of skills as demonstrated on the entry assessment.