The Peake Players offer several performance grants to students involved in theatrical productions. These are modest grants which are intended to cover all or part of the cost of a theatre performance class and are intended as a small token of appreciation for the many hours spent in rehearsal for a production. The amount of the grant will be placed in a student account and will be directly applied to the student's tuition and fees.
Grants are open to both full-time and part-time students.
To be eligible for a grant, you must:
- be active in high school, college, or community theatre, either on stage or in some technical capacity
- fill out and return an application by the stated deadline
- enroll in at least six hours of classes at Chesapeake College
- enroll in either DRM 175 Introduction to Theatre Production (a 3-hour course) or DRM 173, 174, 273 or 274 Theatre Workshop (a 1-hour course)
- agree to audition for all Chesapeake College productions and serve in whatever capacities you are assigned.
- agree that you will work exclusively for the Chesapeake College drama program during the school year, which means that you will not be able to work with non-college productions which rehearse or perform between September and May
- become an active, productive, and cooperative member of The Peake Players, which means assisting at work calls, helping out whenever you are called upon to do so, and maintaining a leadership role in the Peake Players
- maintain a satisfactory academic standing at Chesapeake College
To apply for a grant, you must:
- fill out a Performance Grant application
- be interviewed by Chesapeake College's drama instructor at a time that will be arranged after your application has been received
You can submit a preliminary application online, or you can view/print the application as PDF.
For more information, contact:
Anita Tecce, Associate Professor of Drama and Communication
P.O. Box 8
Wye Mills, MD 21679
Tel.: 410-822-5400, x 278