Welcome to the Financial Aid Office
Financing your education is one of the most important life decisions you and your family face. The Financial Aid Office at Chesapeake College is prepared to assist you in the process of securing the resources necessary to afford your college education.
Investing in a college education is often a major financial decision requiring many students to look beyond their own limited resources for assistance. Chesapeake College students receive funds for college in the form of grants, work-study and scholarships. Awards are based on financial need and/or academic ability.
The Financial Aid Office at Chesapeake College is committed to providing you with excellent customer service, timely delivery of information and sensitivity to your individual financial concerns. We are pleased to act as your financial aid resource and information center, and look forward to helping you achieve your educational goals.
- You Can Afford College - FAFSA Filing Workshops
Monday, July 29 - Thursday, August 1 2013
10 AM - 6 PM, Dorchester Building, Rm. D-106
One on One Assistance Available! Call 410-822-5400 ext. 2252 or email email@example.com for more information.
- 2013-2014 FAFSA Submission: If you are interested in receiving Financial Aid for the 2013-2014 academic year, the 2013-2014 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) should be filed with the federal processor at www.fafsa.gov between January 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Priority funding consideration will be given to those students whose processed FAFSA results are received in our office by May 1, 2013 for Fall 2013.
- NEW: Federal Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility information: The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds a student may receive over his or her lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding. This recent change affects awards for the 2012-2013 school year and beyond.
- All student Missing Information Letters are sent to the e-mail account that was provided on the students FAFSA. Be sure keep your email addresses are up to date and checked often.
- E-mail is our MAIN form of communication. Failure to check student college e-mail, errors in forwarding e-mail, and returned e-mail ("full mailbox or unknown user" errors for example), will not excuse a student from missing announcements or deadlines. Please read your student e-mail daily.
- CC's Title IV Code 004650