The Chesapeake Choice Awards
The 2014 awards will be held on Wednesday May 14, 2014
TPAC - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The Chesapeake Choice Awards recognize Students, Faculty and Staff for the great work being done around campus.
How do the Chesapeake Choice Awards work?
First - You nominate your peers. Any member of the campus community can nominate students, faculty and staff for the appropriate awards. The nomination window is open from September to Field Day in April. The better the nominations are the more the judges have to go on so take your time and put something nice together.
Second - An anonymous panel of judges including students, faculty, staff and previous winners is asked to sit on a panel that reviews on every nomination and deliberates and votes on every award.
Finally - After the tallies are done for each award. The winners names are placed in sealed envelopes until the night of the Chesapeake Choice Awards when they are finally revealed to the campus.
Take some time to honor someone by nominating them!
Here's a list of the different awards that were given out in 2009.
- Club Member of the Year - Erin Kelley
- Advisor of the Year - Greg Farley
- Club President of the year - Shirley Lake
- Club of the Year - The Peake Players
- Faculty Member of the Year - Ed Baker
- Rookie Professor Award - William Thomas
- Teaching Excellence Award -
- Terry Alston
- Linda Earls
- John Haas
- David Harper
- Noah Kover
- Shirley Maase
- Staff Member of the Year - Billy Reese
- Rookie Staff Award - MaryLu Towey
Campus Community Awards
- Distinguished Service Award -
- Dr. Barbara Viniar, President of the College
- Andree Fee, Associate Professor of Developmental English and Reading
- Amy Childs, Associate professor of Communications
- Outstanding Achievement Award -
- Doug Gray, Chief Technology Officer
- Kim Green, Circulation Assistant
- Donna Pletzer, Assistant Registrar
- Beth Remesch, Human Resources Assistant
- Tonya Butler Clark, Accounts Receivable Specialist
- James Egan, Cable TV Technologist
- Jacki McArdle, Student Success Associate
- Eric Lowery, Support Center Technician
- Mike Rucker, Network Technician
- Marjorie MacDonald, Web Master
- Student Achievement Award -
- Abigail Schaffer
- Meghan Wingate
- Patti Wooters
- James Beveridge
III Tiers of Leadership
- Tier I - Personal Leadership Award -
- John Wilburt
- Tommy "Buckets" Pisciotta
- Karen Callahan
- Tier II - Peer Leadership Award -
- Eileen Bishop
- Dana Bowser
- Rich Midcap
- Katie Murphy
- Robby Sheehan
- Tier III - Community Leadership Award - Irene Bayer, Continuing Ed Nursing Assistant Program