The Chesapeake Choice Awards
The 2014 awards will be held on Wednesday May 14, 2014
TPAC - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The Chesapeake Choice Awards recognize Students, Faculty and Staff for the great work being done around campus.
How do the Chesapeake Choice Awards work?
First - You nominate your peers. Any member of the campus community can nominate students, faculty and staff for the appropriate awards. The nomination window is open from September to Field Day in April. The better the nominations are the more the judges have to go on so take your time and put something nice together.
Second - An anonymous panel of judges including students, faculty, staff and previous winners is asked to sit on a panel that reviews on every nomination and deliberates and votes on every award.
Finally - After the tallies are done for each award. The winners names are placed in sealed envelopes until the night of the Chesapeake Choice Awards when they are finally revealed to the campus.
Take some time to honor someone by nominating them!
Here's a list of the different awards that were given out in 2010.
- Club Member of the Year - Carrie Wolford - UHURU
- Advisor of the Year - Greg Farley - PTK
- Club President of the year - Sarah Kuleshov - Green Team
- Club of the Year - The Green Team
- Faculty Member of the Year - Jerry Healy
- Rookie Professor Award - Amy Childs
- Teaching Excellence Award -
- John Haas
- Greg Farley
- Linda Earls
- Noah Kover
- Eric Cheezum
- Staff Member of the Year - Lucy Jenkins
- Rookie Staff Award - Maureen Conlon
Campus Community Awards
- Distinguished Service Award -
- Bernadette Green �Housekeeping
- Outstanding Achievement Award -
- Sara Jones
- User Support Services
- Student Achievement Award -
- Sharon Cole
- Emily Wood
- Mary Ellen Wood
III Tiers of Leadership
- Tier I - Personal Leadership Award -
- No Nominations Submitted
- Tier II - Peer Leadership Award -
- Cynthia France
- Emily Burkholder
- Courtney Stansbury
- Tier III - Community Leadership Award -
- Eric Lowery
- Jess Newell