The Chesapeake Choice Awards
The 2014 awards were held on Wednesday May 14, 2014
The Chesapeake Choice Awards recognize Students, Faculty and Staff for the great work being done around campus. Save the Date! The 2015 Awards will be Wednesday May 13th at 5:30pm in the Todd Performing Arts Center.
How do the Chesapeake Choice Awards work?
First - You nominate your peers. Any member of the campus community can nominate students, faculty and staff for the appropriate awards. The nomination window is open from September to Field Day in April. The better the nominations are the more the judges have to go on so take your time and put something nice together.
Second - An anonymous panel of judges including students, faculty, staff and previous winners is asked to sit on a panel that reviews on every nomination and deliberates and votes on every award.
Finally - After the tallies are done for each award. The winners names are placed in sealed envelopes until the night of the Chesapeake Choice Awards when they are finally revealed to the campus.
Take some time to honor someone by nominating them!
Here's a list of the different awards that were given out in 2011.
- Club Member of the Year - Brittany Dillard - SGA
- Advisor of the Year - David Harper - PTK
- Club President of the year - Todd Troester - Gay Straight Alliance
- Club of the Year - SGA
- Faculty Member of the Year - John Haas
- Rookie Professor Award - Tracy Davenport
- Teaching Excellence Award -
- Elizabeth O'Connor
- Crystel Farina
- Juliet Smith
- Noah Kover
- Amy Childs
- Staff Member of the Year - Guido Deluca
- Rookie Staff Award - Susan English
Campus Community Awards
- Distinguished Service Award -
- Dr. Willie Woods
- Cathy Sewell
- Outstanding Achievement Award -
- Kate Maxwell
- Student Achievement Award -
- Mark Dickey
- Hailey Morgan
- Zachary Russell
- Dana Price
- Bryan Bayliss
- Delmer "Chuck" Charles
- Kaitlyn Terry
- Falynn Jones
III Tiers of Leadership
- Tier I - Personal Leadership Award -
- Stephanie Hoye
- Tier II - Peer Leadership Award -
- Michelle Hoyle
- James Cutter
- The Nursing Department
- Tier III - Community Leadership Award -
- Patty Silver
- James Egan