Meet the Staff
Director of Student Life
I started at Chesapeake in the Summer of 2008. In that time I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most amazing students I have ever met. The creativity and enthusiasm that goes into every program continues to inspire me and I am looking forward to enjoying many more events in the future. Prior to starting my professional career I graduated from Salisbury University with a Bachelors in Communications and Marketing in the Spring of 2004 and a Masters of Post-Secondary Education in the spring of 2006. Please contact me if I can help with anything on campus.
(410) 827-5826 (Office)
(410) 827-5509 (Fax)
Hi, I'm Harriette Lowery, assistant to the Director of Student Life. My mission is to be available to every student who wants someone to listen, encourage and support their success at Chesapeake College. My goal is for you to be a well-rounded "Skipjack" both socially and academically and to do that you have to get involved. I will continue to be an advocate for you and cheer for you every step of the way as you complete your course of study at Chesapeake College! I encourage you to stop by our office and learn what we can do together to make every semester count and your time at Chesapeake be a memorable one.
(410) 822-5400 ext. 2303
(410) 827-5509 (Fax)
Service Learning Coordinator
Hello Everyone. My name is Sara Jones and I will be the new Maryland-D.C. Campus Compact VISTA Service Learning Coordinator at Chesapeake College. I first attended Chesapeake College at age 16 and graduated in Spring 2010 with my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences. Now I attend University of Maryland, University College online and plan to graduate in May 2013 with my Bachelor's in Emergency Management and minor in Homeland Security. During my year of service at Chesapeake I hope to revamp and implement the Service-Learning program in an effort to fulfill the AmeriCorps mission to alleviate poverty, especially here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I look forward to meeting and working with you all.
(410) 822-5400 ext. 2272
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get involved? Do I have to be in a campus organization?
- Organizations are an excellent way to get involved on campus, if you do not see a group that meets your needs or appeals to your interests stop by and we will provide you with information on how you can start your own organization. If you wish to help with events and programs and in general with the student life office we are always looking for volunteers and we promise you will have a great time!
- Do we have any leadership programs on campus?
- YES! The Leadership Academy is a semester long program which runs in the Fall and Spring. The program is open for up to 15 students who have not participated before. The group meets on Thursdays from 2:30-5:30pm in Caroline 216. Signups will be available during the first 3 weeks of each semester before selections are made. The final project for each student will be a comprehensive portfolio covering several areas of their education and extracurricular activities.
- Who is the game room open to?
- The Game room is open to all Chesapeake College credit students. The game room has 3 television screens with Xbox 360 and Wii consoles and controllers as well as foosball, air hockey and an arcade game. Students who wish to use the game room must abide by the posted rules which can be found on the door. If students wish to bring their own equipment we will not be held responsible if it is damaged or stolen so please make sure you label all of your belongings.
- How do I find out what events your office is putting together?
- If you log into your Angel account you can find out about all of our activities under the Announcements Section. There is also a list available in the student life office. We will be minimizing the amount of paper we use for advertisements as part of our "Going Green" initiative. You can also check our calendar online.
- What does the Office of Student Life do?
- The student life office is here to make sure you enjoy your time at Chesapeake. We put on several events during the year including speakers, musicians, comedians, novelty events, holiday themed parties, films and anything else you can imagine. We also run the leadership Academy and oversee student organizations. Our goal is to make sure you know that we believe Students are first and we are here to listen to your ideas and concerns. We want to make your time at Chesapeake unforgettable.