Disability Support Services
Checklist for Students Requesting Services
- STEP 1
- Contact the DSS Coordinator for an appointment to discuss your disability and needs for accommodations. Email email@example.com or call 410-827-5805.
- STEP 2
- Complete an Intake Application for Students with Disabilities.
- STEP 3
- Submit a comprehensive evaluation report that diagnoses your disability from your physician, psychologist or other certified clinician.
- (Secondary school information, such as an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan may also be submitted, but such documents must also include a psychoeducational report.)
- Check your documentation to be sure it is current (within the past four years). If you do not have current and/or complete documentation and do not have a resource for evaluation, please call or make an appointment with the DSS office for a referral to testing facilities. Chesapeake College does not offer medical or psychological evaluations and does not provide funding for testing.
- New students requesting accommodations for the Placement Test must contact the DSS office at 410-827-5805 to discuss your needs.
- The DSS Coordinator will complete an Accommodations Plan based on the documentation provided by your clinician and the information you provide. Please note: The documentation must support each accommodation you request.
- STEP 4
- Bring completed disability documentation to your DSS appointment. The DSS Coordinator will discuss the classroom accommodations for which you are eligible based on the documentation and information you provide.
- YOU are responsible for providing your instructors with a copy of your Accommodations Plan. Your instructors will discuss with you how your Plan will be implemented for their course. If there are concerns about the Plan, the DSS Coordinator must be contacted as soon as possible to discuss any issues.
- You will need to meet with the DSS Coordinator each semester to update your Plan and submit a copy of your class schedule.
For more information contact the Office of Disability Services at 410-827-5805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org