Pardon us while we update this page. If you have questions about our services or need copies of specific documents please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience.
Chesapeake College Disability Support Services
The purpose of Disability Support Services (DSS) is to adapt the College's general services to the specialized individual needs of otherwise qualified students with disabilities, for the purpose of providing equal access to all programs and facilities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Chesapeake College is committed to providing equal access and assurance that no qualified person shall by reason of a disability be denied access to, participation in, or the benefits of any program or activity operated by the College. Each qualified person shall receive reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to educational opportunities, programs and services.
Students who request reasonable accommodations must self identify and register with the Disability Support Services (DSS) Coordinator in the Office of Disability Services located in the Humanities Building (H-120) on the Wye Mills Campus.
Students who request accommodations must complete an Intake Application and submit documentation of the disability (as defined by the ADA and Section 504) by a qualified professional.
The documentation should include:
- a current diagnosis statement identifying the disability
- the date of the current diagnosis evaluation
- the date of the original diagnosis
- a description of the diagnosis criteria and/or the diagnostic test used
- a description of the current functional impact
- all treatment, medications, assistive devices/services currently prescribed or used
- the credentials of the diagnosing professional
- professional recommendations regarding accommodations and services
For more information contact the DSS Coordinator at 410-827-5805, email email@example.com.
Disability Support Services (brochure, PDF)
Postsecondary Disability Support Services (PDF)
Disability Verification form (PDF)
Certification for Tuition Waver for Disabled Students (PDF)
Open Letter to Parents of Students with Disabilities (http://arkahead.org/letterfromjane.htm#content)