Frequently Asked Questions about Transfering

I took courses at another college and need to transfer those credits?

Student who have been enrolled previously at another institution must send a written request to that institution requesting official transcripts be sent to the Office of Registration and Records. Any transcript that has been opened prior to receipt at the Student Services' office, is not considered official.

I did not do well at my other college. Do I still need a transcript?

Yes, We need to establish a complete academic record for you. Remember, we only transfer courses that you passed that count toward your major so previous failing grades will not affect your academic standing at Chesapeake.