Welcome to Chesapeake College! To begin the enrollment process at Chesapeake, you will need to complete our free online admissions application. Please fill out the following form. You cannot save the data typed into this form. If you would like a copy of it for your records, please print your completed form before you submit it.
Before you get started, please review the following application notes:
- Only fill out the application once. Do not re-send it after the initial submission.
- Only fill out the application if you are a new student. (Students who have attended Chesapeake College within the last three semesters do not need to re-submit an application.)
- If you have forgotten your student ID # or want to change your academic major, do not re-submit an application. Email the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your questions answered.
- Criminal History does not disqualify applicants from admission to Chesapeake College. Where accreditation and industry standards require, some Chesapeake College programs and program partners may make admissions decisions and recommendations on the basis of applicants' criminal history.
- Once you have submitted your application, please CHECK YOUR INBOX for an email confirmation with important information. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders.
Personal Information Section
Please include your full given name. Do not use any nicknames. Only fill in the "Other Name" section if your name has legally changed, or to indicate your preferred name. Please note: Preferred names will show in Canvas but legal names will appear on official documents such as transcripts or diplomas.
In the Gender section, please select the option that most closely aligns with your gender identity.
Applicants, once enrolled, may use the Demographic Change Form to make changes to their legal or preferred name, gender, and contact information as needed.
General Information Section
Online applications must include the applicant's Social Security Number. If you do not have a SSN or choose not to give it, you may not complete an online application. Please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
Current Address Section
Residency is determined at the time the application is submitted. If you state that you have been at your "current address" for three months or less, you may be charged Out-of-County or Out-of-State tuition (depending on your previous address) until you bring documentation proving your current address to the Registration Office. Please contact the Registration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about permissible forms of residency documentation.
Choose whether you are a United States citizen or a non-US citizen. If you are a non-US citizen holding a Permanent Resident Alien card or are in the US on a visa, you will need to complete a hard copy admissions application. You will also need to present the appropriate documentation to the Admissions Office at the Wye Mills Campus (Dorchester Administration Building) prior to application acceptance. Please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com for more information regarding enrollment procedures for non-US Citizens.
Please check after reading: