I am currently attending another college/university and want to transfer to Chesapeake College.
Chesapeake College welcomes students who began their post-secondary education at another institution and now wish to transfer to Chesapeake College.
Complete the Following Steps:
- Submit your college application to the Office of Admissions.
- Request that your high school send an official copy of your high school transcript (including SAT scores if applicable) or GED scores to the Admissions Office. For financial aid or possible scholarship consideration it is important that we receive your final high school transcript.
- Request that your prior college(s) send an official copy of your transcript to the Admissions Office. Once we receive the transcript it will be evaluated for possible transfer of credits.
- Many transfer students will be exempt from the ACCUPLACER Test; please check this link for details. However, if you have not completed credit level English and mathematic courses with a grade of C or better, you may be required to take the ACCUPLACER test.
- Apply for financial aid. We suggest that all domestic students apply for financial aid. All students applying for aid must do so every year. For the fall semester, files must be completed by May 1. For the spring semester, files must be completed by December 1. Do not wait for the priority date! Apply as early as possible at www.fafsa.gov indicating Chesapeake College's financial aid code 004650. For the fall and spring semesters, students are encouraged to file the FAFSA as early as October 1.
Our admissions counselors are happy to assist you with the admissions process. If you would like to speak to a counselor or arrange an appointment, please call 410-822-5400 ext. 2240 or 2287 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.