I am currently enrolled at another college or university and I wish to take courses at Chesapeake and transfer them back to my home school.
Visiting students are an active part of our community. You are a visiting student if you are currently matriculated at another college or university and wish to attend Chesapeake College on a temporary basis. If you are a resident of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, or Talbot County, you may take courses here at a fraction of the cost of your home school while at home for a semester or on summer break. Enrolling as a visiting student is easy. Please follow the steps below to ensure a smooth process.
- Submit your college application to the Office of Admissions. When filling out your application, select "Visiting Student" as your Admissions Status.
- After you submit your application, ask your home college to provide a Visiting Student Letter granting you permission to enroll in a specific course or courses at Chesapeake College. This letter exempts you from the Accuplacer test for the semester in which you are applying and allows you to register for classes.
- Bring your Visiting Student Letter to your advising and registration session. Contact the Office of Student Admissions at 410-822-5400 ext. 2240 or 2250 to find out more about open registration periods and registration procedures for visiting students.
- Once you register for classes, make sure you pay for your classes by the semester payment deadline date to avoid being dropped from your class(es).
- If you would like to meet with an academic advisor, call 410-822-5400 ext. 2250 for more information.