Join us for Commencement
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Fall, Spring and Summer graduates are invited to attend the commencement ceremony scheduled to take place in-person, in TPAC on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 2:00 pm.
A livestream of the event will be available at www.chesapeake.edu/22live and below on this page.
If you applied to graduate, these are your next steps.
Prepare for Commencement
- Purchase Cap, Gown and Tassel from the Bookstore. Last day to purchase is Thursday, May 5 at 3:00pm.
- Present your regalia Bookstore receipt at the Registration office for your 4 guest tickets for Commencement, starting May 9th.
Last day is Tuesday, May 24 at 5:30pm.
- Arrive for Commencement on May 25th. Activities start at 8:15 am. Practice is at 9:00 am.
Please see ALL details below, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions!
- Fall, Spring and Summer graduates are invited to attend the commencement ceremony.
- Students, meet with your advisor for a Program Progress Review once you've earned 45 credits to ensure you are completing the courses in your chosen academic program, and are making satisfactory progress toward graduation.
- Students must apply online for graduation according to the graduation due dates. Students will now submit their graduation application online through Web Advisor/CRAB > Student Planning, under the Academics tab and Graduation overview.
- SPRING Graduation Application Submission Dates: Submit application between December 1 and March 31 Submission Deadline: March 31
Cap and Gown Sales
- Cap and Gown sales will start at the Grad Fair on Monday, April 11 and Tuesday, April 12 from 11am–1pm in the Bookstore at the Caroline Center, Wye Mills campus. After April 12, they can be purchased in the Bookstore on the Wye Mills campus Monday-Thursday 9am–3pm and Fridays 9am–2pm. PTK stoles will also be available to purchase for $28.98.
- Caps and gowns can also be pre-ordered at the Cambridge Center office with exact change. The cost is $50.88 (including tax) for cap and gown, and payment is due at the time of your measurement. Extra souvenir tassels are $6.36, and other graduation souvenirs are available. Please inquire at the Bookstore.
- Caps and gowns must be ordered by May 5 to guarantee graduates receive Commencement tickets. Save your cap and gown receipt; it must be presented to receive your tickets.
- If you already have a cap and gown that you would like to wear, you must bring it to the Registration Office no later than May 4 to receive approval. You must still purchase a tassel from the Bookstore so we know that you plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
It is important to remember that Commencement in the Todd Performing Arts Center is a TICKETED EVENT. Each graduate who has purchased a cap and gown will receive 4 guest tickets and a set of announcements, which may be picked up in the Registration Office starting May 9, 2022. The Office of Registration is open 8am–5:30pm, Monday through Thursday, and 8am–4:30pm on Fridays. If someone else is picking up your tickets, you must submit permission in writing at that time. It is important to note that seating for Commencement in the Todd Performing Arts Center Theatre is on a first-come, first-served basis even for those with tickets. Doors will open at 1pm. Overflow seating will be available in EDC-27 and the Cadby Theatre. A livestream of the event will be available at www.chesapeake.edu/22live.
Important Dates and Times for Commencement
Please review this timeline carefully. If you have questions regarding Commencement, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Wednesday, May 4, 2022
||Deadline to have currently owned cap and gown approved
|Thursday, May 5, 2022
||Deadline to Order Cap, Gown, Tassel, Regalia
|Monday, May 9– Tuesday, May 24, 2022
|Please plan to pick up your tickets and announcements during the dates and times listed on the left.
All guests will need to present a ticket to attend Commencement. Tickets will be printed for those graduates who have both submitted their Graduation Application and purchased a cap and gown (or tassel if wearing currently owned cap and gown). Children require their own ticket, regardless of their ages.
Graduates will pick up their tickets from the Registration office, and must present their cap and gown receipt.
|DAY OF COMMENCEMENT
If you have experienced a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior 10 days, or have had known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, you should not attend the in-person ceremony.
|Wednesday, May 25, 2022
||The Chesapeake College Foundation Alumni Committee will sponsor a continental breakfast for graduates in the Todd Performing Arts Center lobby before practice.
||Commencement practice will take place in the Todd Performing Arts Center Theater.
||Todd Performing Arts Center will open. Please remember that only guests with tickets will be admitted. Children are welcome, but they also must have a ticket. Overflow seating (based on availability) will be in the Economic Development Center (EDC-27) and the Kent Humanities Cadby Theatre.
||Line up for academic procession will take place in the Caroline Center.
||Academic procession will begin. If tradition holds, we should be finished in approximately 90 minutes. Immediately following Commencement, a reception for graduates and their invited guests will be held in the Caroline Center. The Registration Office will be collecting hoods and PTK stoles at the Student Government Association Office in the Caroline Center. Hoods must be returned in order for the college to process and mail you your diploma.
Graduating "In Absentia" or Accommodations
If you will be unable to participate in commencement, please send a letter by April 29 asking to graduate “In Absentia” to Cindy Welzel, Records and Registration Specialist, Chesapeake College, P.O. Box 8, Wye Mills, MD 21679. Any special accommodations or questions should be directed to Cindy Welzel, 410-822-5400 ext. 2249 or email@example.com.
If decorating your grad cap, be sure to enter our 2022 Mortarboard Contest!!
GRADUATING? STAY CONNECTED!