Online GED® Test Preparation Classes
Maryland i-Pathways is a free, teacher supported online learning program for GED® test preparation.
To qualify for Maryland i-Pathways, you must be:
- A Maryland resident,
- at least 17 years old,
- officially out of school,
- able to demonstrate 9th grade or higher reading and math skills on the initial assessment,
- comfortable using the internet
- willing to commit up to 5 hours per week of study time
- committed to submitting at least 6 weekly assignments and studying 5-6 hours per week.
After you are approved by Maryland i-Pathways, you complete and online pre-test in each subject area, and are only assigned the areas to study that you have not mastered.
Each session is scheduled for a maximum of 12 weeks. You can complete it earlier based on your customized learning plan.
All you need is a laptop or desktop computer with Internet access, and you can complete this noncredit course at home and on your own schedule- early in the morning, late at night, on weekends or whenever is convenient for you!
- Go to http://www.mdadultedonline.org and enroll in the program.
- You will receive an email from i-Pathways instructing you to contact a local Program for your initial testing.
- Complete an on-ground assessment to verify that your skills are at the 9th grade level or higher.
- Complete at any Chesapeake College Adult Education Registration location (LINK to calendars).
- Please bring the i-Pathways email with you to the registration site.
- We will report your assessment scores to i-Pathways
- Individuals who meet the i-Pathways score requirements are enrolled in i-Pathways and will receive an e-mail with class start dates.
- Individuals who do not meet the i-Pathways requirement may register in our classes and improve scores, then transfer to i-Pathways as desired.
Registration: Contact Danielle Thomas at 410-829-6043 or email@example.com to register or for more information.
If you are not ready for this level of class, please see our Adult Basic Education Classes