You may register in person on the Wye Mills Campus, or at the Cambridge Center.
Most non-credit courses are designed for persons 16 years of age or older. Registrations not meeting this requirement will not be accepted UNLESS the course description clearly states that it is for the younger audience.
Continuing Education Courses run varying lengths. Please check the start/end dates of the courses in the schedule and be sure to register early.
Payment is due at the time of registration, by cash, check, credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or third-party purchase order.
- To register online: Check the online registration page for more information on how to register online for many of Continuing Education’s classes. Please note, not all classes are eligible for online registration. Search and Register for CE Courses.
- To register by mail: Print and fill out the registration form completely. Sign and date the completed form. Payment, along with purchase order, or signed Sponsorship Billing Authorization form must accompany registration form. Mail-in registrations must be received at least one week prior to course start date.
- To register by fax: Print and fill out the registration form completely. Fax registrations must use a credit card for payment. Include credit card type, number, expiration date, and owner's signature on the registration form. MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express accepted. Fax the complete form to 410-827-5852.
Registering for Continuing Education Online Courses
Courses are presented asynchronously through the Web. This delivery mode provides students with the convenience of taking courses anytime, anywhere via their personal computer. Each course will have an online orientation, communication with an instructor, and activities. It is necessary for students to have a personal computer, e-mail, and Internet access to receive the courses. More information about registering for online courses.
Credit and Non-Credit Courses
As part of our mission to serve the citizens of the five-county Upper Shore area, Chesapeake College offers several co-listed courses. These are classes which are listed as both continuing education (non-credit) and as credit classes. Continuing education students will sit in the same classroom as credit students and have the same learning experience. Call 410-827-5850, for more information.
The Wye Mills Registration office is in the Dorchester Building. Open registration hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 5:30 pm; Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. For more information, please call 410-827-5850.
For Cambridge Center information and hours please call 410-820-6058 or 410-228-5754.
The College is closed on the following holidays:
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving - closed from noon Wednesday through Thanksgiving weekend
- Winter Break - closed the week of Christmas, reopening the first business day after New Years Day
Please see the Academic Calendar for specific closing dates or call 410-822-5400.
Many Continuing Education courses do not require textbooks. If a textbook is required, your instructor will inform you. If you are taking a co-listed course and a book is required, it should be available at the campus bookstore. If you are taking an online course, you should get information about required books and where to purchase them from your instructor or course documents.
The campus bookstore carries other college merchandise as well as textbooks. The bookstore maintains its own website, where you can check the current hours, or order books and/or other items. The bookstore on the Wye Mills Campus is located in the Caroline College Center.