Dual Enrollment Maryland | High School
I am currently enrolled in high school in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, or Talbot County as a junior or senior and I wish to take courses at Chesapeake for college credit and possibly transfer them back to my home high school.
Why Consider Dual Enrollment?
- Experience college work while still in high school.
- Earn college credits that will appear on a Chesapeake College transcript and may transfer back to the high school.
- Earn college credit that may transfer to many in- and out-of-state colleges.
- Explore different fields of study.
Who Can Participate?
To participate in Dual Enrollment through the high school and Chesapeake College, a high school student:
- Must be a high school junior or senior and
- Must possess a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater and
- Must receive approval from the high school guidance counselor or authorizer to participate and parent/guardian approval and
- Be enrolled in one of the public school systems in the college's service region (must be a resident of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, or Talbot County) or in a non-profit institution offering instruction at the secondary level that is either operating with a Certificate of Approval issued by the Maryland State Department of Education or registered with the Department as a Church Exempt School.
NOTE: Many home-schooled students may be eligible to participate in this program. Please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-822-5400 ext. 2240 for more information.
How Can I Participate?
See if you're eligible to participate: You must have completed your sophomore year of high school with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5, and be enrolled in an eligible high school in our service region. Please see above section for details.
Meet with your guidance counselor or other high school official to discuss your interest in the program. With the assistance of the high school official, complete the Dual Enrollment Certification Form with all of the required signatures.
Submit your college application to the Office of Admissions. You can apply online here.
For more information, students should contact Chesapeake College's Dual Enrollment team at email@example.com or 410-822-5400 ext. 2240. Fax: 410-827-5878.