Chesapeake College has implemented the Alertus App for campus-wide emergency notifications via mobile device. The Alertus App is available for Android and iPhone users, and, once installed, will allow students and employees to receive timely push notifications regarding any emergency incidents impacting Chesapeake College, including inclement weather events. We highly encourage all students, faculty and staff to download and install this app to stay safe and informed. To do so, please follow the instructions below.
- On an iPhone or Android mobile device, install the Alertus App (Yellow icon)
- Open the App and Click Get Started
- If prompted, set Alertus App permissions within your device settings to: Always Allow Location Access. (This will allow more accurate reporting features in the event of an emergency or incident report.)
- Enter Chesapeake College’s Organization Code: alertuscc
- Click Continue
- Enter your email address and click Register
- Verify your email address: Open the email you receive from Alertus and click the link to verify
- Once your email has been verified, the app will prompt you to Select a Group
- Select Chesapeake College Alerts and enter uhAJ4TTz
- Once confirmed within the app, click Continue
- You are now logged into your Alertus Mobile App and will receive push notifications from Chesapeake College.
To complete your setup, please take the following, important, steps:
- Navigate to the settings button at the bottom right of the screen (gear icon button)
- Click on the person icon at the top right of the screen
- Enter your name, phone number and any other pertinent information in the notes section
- This will allow Public Safety to receive your information when using the “Report Incident” feature of the app
Report Incident Feature
- This feature is to allow you to report an incident to your administrative staff regarding a suspicious person, fire, etc.
(a.) For an emergency, 911 is ALWAYS the first step before using this feature
- If you’d like to report an incident, click on that respective icon, type in text, take a picture (if applicable) - this will also geotag your location and send it to the administrative team receiving this information
- Press Send
- Press Yes when the pop-up prompt appears
- This is a one-way communication tool - the administrative team will NOT be able to respond to this message.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ISSUES INSTALLING OR USING THE APP, PLEASE CONTACT ALERTUS SUPPORT:
- Navigate to setting button (gear/cog icon)
- Scroll down to click “Contact Support” button
- This will allow you to email Alertus Support to troubleshoot issues with the App.
- Alternatively, please email email@example.com for assistance.