Careers in HVAC
Part of the Skilled Trades program, the initiative to grow the number of educated workers in these fields is attributed to by the growing number of HVAC careers available. Become a part of this exciting, expanding field through taking high quality courses designed to give you the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed as an HVAC technician. This extensive program will not only teach you the foundations, but will cover advanced concepts for the knowledge that employers are looking for in an employee, putting you a step above the rest.
Outcomes of the program include:
- Assembly, disassembly, repairing, and programming of systems
- Mechanical knowledge
- Customer service skills necessary for working with clientele
- Time management skills to maintain a hectic schedule
- Knowledge about the parts, tools, and different systems
- Focus on being detail oriented to maintain a time sheet, and record necessary information
- Troubleshoot to identify various issues with HVAC systems
- Identify and maintain automatic control components
- Perform efficiency testing
- Understand combustion theory
- Working knowledge of compressors, piping, heat exchange systems, and more
Objectives of the program include:
- The ability to obtain the licenses required to practice in various states
- Have a working knowledge that makes you highly employable
- Courses taught by licensed experts for quality education
- A truly hands on experience for optimal understanding of systems
- Field trips to business that allow you to see what working in the field is like
- Classrooms equipped with working HVAC systems for first hand experience
If you think you have what it takes to become a skilled technician in the HVAC industry, take the first step towards a rewarding and long-term career by enrolling in Chesapeake College's Skilled Trades. This is a growing industry with high demand. Don't miss out on the opportunity to dive into the workforce and enjoy the wealth of opportunities that are available.
Taking The First Step
Contact student planning for questions or to learn more.
Academic advisers can aid you in scheduling classes that work with your availability, and help you to create a plan for academic success.
Program Brochures are available online, and in print upon request.
Contact our college today to see all that Chesapeake has to offer, and get your education towards your future career under way!
Contact Frannie Phillips at 410-822-5400 ext 2340 email@example.com.