Careers in Construction
For students looking to pursue a career involving construction technology, our Skilled Trades programs provide them with the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for. Our courses are comprehensive and in-depth, aimed at ensuring that students will succeed in their desired fields. The programs were created in response to a growing demand in the various industries these abilities cover. Students who take the two year programs now will have abundant opportunities upon completion.
Our high quality educational courses will teach you:
- Safety procedures and protocols
- Working knowledge of construction technology, facilities, and devices
- How to coordinate projects
- How to supervise workers
- How to read blueprints
- Time management skills
- How to coordinate material resources
- Understanding building layouts and designs
- Knowledge of the building process
Program Objectives include:
- Required courses for certification
- Ability to obtain certifications, licenses, and permits for work
- Creating a working knowledge that makes you highly employable
- Courses taught by licensed experts
- Practical, hands on experience of concepts and materials
- Classrooms equipped with the materials to fully work with and understand construction
In an ever expanding field, the demand for highly trained workers is growing fast. Enjoy the rewarding benefits of becoming a construction project manager, and get your career started right. Our comprehensive courses focus on the foundations of the industry, as well as the advanced concepts employers are looking for include:
- Licensure Prep for Home Improvement Contractors
- LEED-Green Associate Exam Preparation
Taking the First Step
Contact the Skilled Trades office at 410-822-5400 ext 2360 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our advisors can help you schedule classes that work with your availability to succeed.
Contact us today to see all that Chesapeake College has to offer, and start your path towards your future career.