WELCOME TO THE SKIPJACK FAMILY!
Greetings! I hope you are excited about starting your academic journey with us at Chesapeake College. To maximize your comfort level and opportunity for success, please join us for a TWO PART virtual orientation for new students.
PART ONE: Online Overview via Canvas
** PLEASE COMPLETE BEFORE JANUARY 21, 2021 **
(This is NOT Required for Dual Enrollment Students)
Please follow the instructions below to access the New Student Orientation Module in Canvas before you attend NSO Live:
- Click the Online New Student Orientation Canvas link here: https://chesapeake.instructure.com/enroll/3R4B34.
- You will then be prompted to log-in to MyCampus.
- Your MyCampus username is your first and last name, no spaces, all lowercase. Your password is the first initial of your first name (capitalized), first initial of your last name (capitalized), last four digits of your SSN, and then cc. For example, if your name were John Smith, and the last four digits of your SSN are 3456, your MyCampus password would be JS3456cc.
- Once you are logged-in to MyCampus, a new page will appear and you will be instructed to enroll in the New Student Orientation Course. Click the blue Enroll in Course button to enroll.
- A new page will appear, informing you that you have enrolled in the Canvas New Student Orientation Course. Click the blue Go to the Course button to gain access to part one of online New Student Orientation. To actually begin New Student Orientation, click the first section of the Welcome to Chesapeake College module, Welcome to Online New Student Orientation!
- If you run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
(This is REQUIRED for Dual Enrollment Students)
New Student Orientation—LIVE!
Virtual Zoom Meeting
Thursday, January 21, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 23, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
At this Live event, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, meet some of your peers, and learn more about how to access important student resources and services. We hope that you will take time to participate in our Online New Student Orientation module in Canvas BEFORE participating in the LIVE event on January 21 (or 23), so that you can bring specific questions to be addressed.
If you have any questions or need additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!