Veterans' Checklist for Enrollment
- Complete an application on the VA’s website (if new VA student) http://www.vets.gov/ or complete a VA Form 22-1995 (if benefits have been used at another school) (Spouse/Children may have to file additional forms with the VA, check the VA website for Chapter-specific information)
- Complete an Admissions Application – see the Information Desk in the Dorchester Building or go online http://www.chesapeake.edu/admissions/
- Placement Testing – check our website for Testing Hours http://www.chesapeake.edu/testing/
- All new students must take placement tests before meeting with an advisor and registering for classes. These tests assist advisors with placing students in applicable developmental classes if needed.
- Submit the following to the Registration Office:
- A copy of the completed application
- A Certificate of Eligibility received from the VA
- A copy of military transcripts and transcripts from prior institutions, if applicable
- A Chesapeake College VA Enrollment Certification Request Form (can be found online or in the Registration Ofc).
- Obtain Veteran’s Advising Form from the Registration Office – this form should be presented to your advisor during the advising process
- Meet with an Advisor – Veterans should make an appointment with Guido DeLuca for advising and completing a registration form. Contact Mr. DeLuca at 410-827-5804 for an appointment.
- Apply for Federal financial aid at www.fafsa.gov (School code 004650)
- Register for classes – the VA will only cover the classes listed in your academic program (AER). See the Registration Office if you have any questions.
- Obtain signature from School Certifying Official if Adding/Dropping any classes at any time during the semester.
Questions, contact Cindy Welzel, Registration Specialist at 410-827-5876 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.